We've been selling CBD products for a while now. If you are asking what CBD is, simply put, Cannabidiol (the official name for CBD), a group of chemical compounds from the Cannabis plant. CBD is getting lots of attention at the moment because of its numerous therapeutic benefits and health claims without the psychoactive effect (from THC) that you get from smoking marijuana. Numerous studies even suggest CBD acts to counter the intoxicating effects of THC .
So what is CBD good for? CBD has been used for ages to help combat nausea, vomiting, anxiety, seizures, depression, reduce inflammation, pain and suppress intense muscle spasms. It's also been studied for it's anti-cancer and anti-tumors properties.
There's more and more people talking about it because it's worked for them and we've been seeing more sales from CBD now than ever. I personally took it a few times for pain I was getting with my teeth. I had braces and the effect was pretty drastic. I also took it when I could feel a migraine coming. With an energetic 3 years old I simply can't have a migraine but CBD has helped.
So, with all its popularity (justifiable) I wanted to make a different recipe. Something enjoyable that could also have therapeutic benefits if you need to take CBD oil now an again. I hope you enjoy it... I am making another batch this evening!
Superfood chocolate with CBD (makes 4 bars or 12 large coins)
60g Bulletproof Upgraded Cacao Butter
50g Cacao Powder or Raw Chocolate Powder
2-4 tablespoons Coconut Nectar or Maple Syrup
1-2 teaspoons CBD oil*
Vanilla extract (optional)
Himalayan Salt (optional)
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and turn the heat off. Place a heatproof bowl over the saucepan with the cacao butter (grated) and it gently melt.
2. Add the cacao powder and mix thoroughly before adding sweetener, vanilla extract and a few pinches of Himalayan salt.
4. Stir in the CBD oil*.
5. Divide the chocolate in as many flavor as you want and spice things up by adding super foods. See below.
6. Fill in the chocolate moulds and refrigerate for a few hours until set.
Variations (per bar)
Coconut Mylk & Maple Syrup
1-2 tablespoons Coconut Milk Powder per bar
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Dash of extra sweetener
Ginger, Orange & Goji Berries
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 tablesppon goji berries
1 few drops Organic Orange Essential Oil
Fresh Berries (strawberries or blueberries)
Put the fresh blueberries in the moulds and then add the chocolate.
1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
Gently melt the nut butter and swirl it with the chocolate
* Try with a small dose of the basic and you can increase as you go along or use a stronger version.