A few months ago, the lovely Georgie from Greens of the stonage, put together a recipe for Evolution Organics. She made raw and vegan Mars bars using Vivo Life Raw Perform Protein Salted Maca Caramel (check the recipe here).
I made Georgie's recipe and they were sweet, tasty and highly addictive. Now, I have never been a Mars bars kind of girl. I prefer Reese's... I love my chocolate peanut butter cups.
I wanted a healthier, easy to make, option that felt naughty. Since then, I have kept a supply in our freezer at home and we all love them (daughter included).
Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Make between 9-12 cups)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1-2 teaspoon maple syrup or coconut nectar
- Gently melt the cacao liquor and cacao butter in a bowl over simmering water.
- Once melted add the sweetener and collagen powder.
- Fill in the silicone mold with a tablespoon of chocolate and let it set for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling together and set aside until needed.
- Add a teaspoon of the peanut butter mix on the chocolate "disk", flatten it with the back of a spoon and cover with another spoonful of chocolate.
- Let it set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, take out of the mold.
- These beauties will keep in the freezer for 2 weeks.
* To make this recipe vegan, omit the Pure Collagen. I used it because of the benefit it has on my overall health and skin.