Variety is so very important which is why we have a lot of smoothie recipes on the site. I rely on smoothies during the week as I get up early to drop my daughter at nursery and the hour I have in the morning is mostly spent getting Elodie ready so these smoothies get me going, giving me energy and lot of protein and nutrients.
I love blueberry pie which is the inspiration for this smoothie. On top of blueberries, vanilla and almond mylk I added North American Herb and Spice Camu Camu powder and vegan protein (to keep me full for longer, making this a proper meal).
(makes 1 large of 2 small portions)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 small banana, peeled
- 1-2 teaspoons Vitamin C powder such as NAHS Purely-C Wild Amazon Camu Camu
- 1 scoop Living Fuel Living Protein
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional - toppers such as fresh fruits, granola, oats,
- Add all of ingredients in a blender and whizz until you have a smooth consistency
- Add more water if needed
- Fill in a large glass and top with your favourite healthy treat - optional but recommended.