A perfect little recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. It's packed full of good-for-you ingredients and its warmth (thanks to the cheeky ginger) will make you feel all cozy as the evenings draw in and it's getting colder.
- 1 tablespoon Fushi Organic Grass Fed Ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Litre homemade broth (chicken, veg or even better: bone broth!)
- 1/2 tin chickpeas (optional)
- 3cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 handfuls of mixed greens (broccoli, spinach*, chard, cabbage, your pick)
- 1-2 tablespoons Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander or parsley to garnish
- In a large pot, gently melt the ghee and cook the onion and garlic until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the broth, chickpeas (if using), ginger, greens and slowly bring to the simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes then season with the coconut Aminos, salt and pepper.
- Serve with the garnish of your choice and more protein if needed.* If using spinach add to the soup just before serving.
TIP - To up the protein serve with a poached egg, chicken or ham