As a teen, growing up in Canada, I used to get an Iced Cappuccino from Tim Hortons (if you know, you know) and absolutely loved it. To be honest, I became a tad obsessed with it. Now that I think about it, what I got addicted to was probably the amount of sugar it contained!
Even as a treat, a normal iced latte from your local coffee chain contains at least 3 teaspoons of sugar and it goes up to 14 teaspoons for their bestselling versions - in one single drink! It's safe to say, that even as a treat, shop bought café latte should be avoided if possible.
With the amount of sugar in each drink, no wonder we get a sugar spike followed very quickly by an all mighty crash. To prevent this, and to still enjoy a good, easy to make, creamy coffee latte, here is my favourite recipe:
Cafe Latte (keto, low carb, free from refined sugar)
- 250ml cold coffee (a coffee, that once brewed, has been left in the fridge to cool down) or check our cold brew recipe HERE
- 75ml organic double cream
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons NKD Living Erythritol
- 1 tablespoon Love Life Supplement MCT Oil
- 1 scoop Planet Paleo Collagen
- Optional: handful of ice
How to: Blend all of the ingredients together, add ice if you want a thicker frappe, or serve over ice.
** Make it VEGAN! Replace the double cream with oat cream (we used Oatly) and the collagen by Ancient & Brave NAKED COLLAGYN (BODY).