Nothing says "Christmas" more than "Mince Pies" Oh, AND tinsel, lights, tree, Christmas crackers, novelty jumpers, glitter and baubles (all very important during the holiday).
I don't love mince pies (I apologise to all mince pie lovers out there!) and these are perfect substitutes. They taste like Christmas and they look it too.
I make this recipe and leave it to cool completely before filling either homemade or shop bought pastry cases on the day of serving.
300g fresh cranberries or frozen mixed berries
2 tablespoons maple syrup
15g cornflour mixed with 125ml water
2 clementines, juiced
1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch Himalayan salt
2-3 fresh pears (450g) – peeled, cored and cubed/1cm
To serve: Pastry cases and sugar to dust
- Tip the cranberries or mixed berries, maple syrup, cornflour (+ water) and clementine juice in a large pan. Stir well and heat until all the cranberries have “popped”
- Add the cinnamon, ginger and salt. Cook on low until the mixture has thickened
- Add the pears and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Let cool completely
- Store in a container with a tight fitting lid and keep in the fridge until needed
- TO SERVE – Add 1-2 tablespoons of the mix to individual pastry cases, and bake the pies for 15-20 minutes at gas mark 5
- Sprinkle with sugar once out of the oven. Let cool before serving.
**You can use homemade pastry or buy a block and add a star on top of the pie**
Wishing you a very happy Christmas!
The Evolution Organics Team