I love almond mylk but this cashew mylk is something else. It's so creamy and doesn't separate when you add it to tea and coffee (try it in your coffee, you will thank me).
As with any nut mylk (be it coconut, cashew, almonds or walnut) you should limit your consumption to no more than 1 cup daily or 2 cups every few days. These alternatives are often high in protein (good) but can be quite high in calories and fats which in itself is not bad but say you were drinking lots everyday it might make you feel a bit heavy.
Homemade Cashew Mylk (makes about 500ml)
To serve (optional)
2 dates and a pinch of vanilla (Bulletproof Upgraded Vanillamax)
1. Gently clean the cashews under cold water and cover them with filtered water overnight. They will expand so make sure they are completely submerged.
2. Once they have soaked, drain the water. At this point the cashews will be soft.
3. Put the nuts in your blender along with 2 cups of water, a pinch of salt and also the dates and vanilla (if using) and blend at high speed for a few minutes (until it looks smooth).
4. Put your metal strainer lined with a cheese cloth over a large bowl and pour the mixture in. Gather the the cheese cloth and squeeze and press to extract as much mylk as possible.
5. Store the mylk in a sealed bottle in the fridge, it will keep for 3-4 days.