Summer is here... or is it? But let's be honest, you do not need hot weather to eat ice cream or ice lollies otherwise the whole frozen food market wouldn't exist!
These ice lollies are incredibly easy to make and are a great substitute if what you want is something tasty and healthy.
Ingredients (makes 10)
- 300g ORGANIC strawberries (and a few extra to decorate)
- 2 cups coconut milk or 1 x tin coconut milk, mixed (454ml)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons Natural Erythritol
- Optional (add a few slices of strawberry)
- Clean and hull your berries (leave a few whole and slice them) and, using a blender whizz this up
- Mix the coconut milk, vanilla and erythritol together, making sure there are no big lumps left. Add this mix to the fruit
- Gentle fold in the strawberry slices (if using)
- Divide the mixture between your ice lolly moulds. Leave to set in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
*Organic strawberries may cost more, but it's a price worth paying, scientists say. The fruit is both tastier and better for your health, research shows. The most detailed study of its kind has found that they contain higher levels of anti-cancer nutrients than fruit sprayed with chemical pesticides.
The Environmental Working Group’s 2021 ranks the twelve top produce items that contain the most pesticide residues and strawberry are at the top of that list.