Eating well and making sure you are supporting your wellbeing at mealtimes can sometimes be a challenge, particularly when you are in a rush. That’s why we’ve come up with these simple, delicious and nutritious meal prep brekkies to help you keep your gut happy on the go.
Guest Post by Ossa Organics
Optimise your morning routine
Leave the phone for 10 minutes (save screen time for later) and start your day with a quick meditation and breath work, drink water before your morning coffee or tea and grab your breakfast on the go from the below!
Green Collagen Smoothie
Refreshing + nourishing from top gut health specialist and nutritionist @sophiahillnutrition. This is packed with fibre, fruit and veg and gut healing ingredients to keep your insides happy.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 tablespoon milled flax
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 240ml organic milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Ossa Certified Grass Fed Collagen Peptides
- Small handful fresh mint leaves OR couple drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp raw chia seeds
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
Method - Blend everything up and serve chilled.
Overnight Collagen Protein Chia Pot
Berry and Chia Protein Pots! A nutrient rich brekkie on the go or the perfect afternoon sweet treat, creamy and super boosted with powerhouse nutrients from our grass fed collagen. We've kept it simple with blueberries but you can mix with any fruit, add a seed mix or indulge with coconut cream and some grated dark chocolate - get adventurous with your toppings.
Ingredients (makes up to 6 breakfast jar!)
- 3 cup of chia seeds
- 6-8 cups filtered water
- Vanilla essence
- One tin of Coconut Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Ossa Certified Grass Fed Collagen Peptides
- Garnish options - Blueberries, strawberries, nuts, dark chocolate, coconut cream, ect
- Soak chia overnight in filtered water, one tin of coconut milk and 3 teaspoons vanilla essence. Adjust water accordingly as the chia drinks up a lot of liquid.
- Fill each pot with 3/4 cup of soaked chia and mix in one tablespoon of Ossa Grass Fed Collagen and 1-2 teaspoons of Maple Syrup per serving.
- serve with your favoured topping.
Collagen Banana Bread
Not like your usual cake, our Paleo banana bread is high in protein, refined sugar free and gluten free! Boosted with the gut healthy goodness of collagen and organic ghee. Another recipe that will be a sure fire hit with the whole family.
Tip: Add flax or seed mix for additional fibre
- 2 tablespoons Ossa Organic Ghee or butter
- 4 tablespoons Ossa Grass Fed Collagen
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar / honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (gas mark 4) and line a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add in the coconut flour, eggs, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, collagen, melted ghee, salt, and vanilla.
3.Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake until the centre of the loaf has risen and started to crack, feeling firm to the touch, about 45 to 55 minutes. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Bullet Proof Upgraded Bone Broth
For the ultimate keto breakfast you've got to try a bulletproof upgraded Bone Broth! It is a delicious, convenient and quick way to get good fats into your diet while remaining in a fat fasted state . It’s easy on your body's digestion and is a clean source of fuel for ketogenic/paleo and carnivore diets enhanced with all natural collagen protein from The Bone Broth.
Frothy, creamy, caffeine free and delicious it will keep you going for hours!
Inspired by Bulletproof it is a convenient and quick way to get good fats into your diet while remaining in a fat fasted state. It is easy on your body's digestion and is a clean source of fuel for ketogenic/paleo and carnivore diets.
- 250ml of Bone Broth (try either, Chicken, Beef or Lamb)
- 1 teaspoon Bulletproof MCT Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ossa Organic Ghee
- Pink Himalayan salt to serve
Method - Heat ingredients on a medium heat, blend and enjoy!