Three incredible superfood balls. These beauties perfect to have before and/or after training or simply if you need a little something to keep you going during your busy days. And let's face it, they taste amazing so any excuse will do.
Healthy snack options can sometime be tricky but all you need is a bit of preparation and you have a supply right there with you. And on the plus side you will know exactly every little ingredient that has gone in your snack. You can also change them to your liking (i.e if you prefer almond butter to peanut butter why not swap or add cacao nibs, etc).I will be adding more recipes as I go and please get in touch if you have suggestions... I am more than happy to test them for you :)
All the recipes below make about 8-10 balls and will keep in the fridge for 1 week.
Chocolate, oats and chia balls (vegan)
These little balls of perfection are as delicious as they are pretty. They are also very easy to make. A healthy mix of raw cacao, oats, dates and salt all rolled into a mix of desiccated coconut and chia seeds, the ultimate snack fuel, nutritious, tasty and energy boosting.
- 50g oats
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 75g pitted dates
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Equal mix unsweetened desiccated coconut and chia seeds
- Put the oats in a food processor and blend into a fine powder
- Add the raw chocolate, dates, coconut oil, vanilla, salt and mix well
- Add water until to form a dough
- Roll into small balls and roll into the desiccated coconut & chia seeds (on a plate or a bowl)
Super cacao protein balls (vegan)
They are a tad addictive in my opinion (I have always been a fan of chocolate and peanut butter together). I chose Vivo Life PERFORM Raw Plant Protein Powder & BCAA, a 100% plant based protein powder that is great for your health, tastes incredible and delivers epic results. A unique combination of bio-fermented pea protein, hemp protein, chlorella and spirulina provides a truly unique product.
- 50g pitted dried dates
- 35g Vivo Life Raw Cacao Protein Powder
- 50g peanut butter
- 30g jumbo oats
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons MCT oil
- Creative Nature cacao powder or hemp seeds to coat
- Add all the ingredients to your blender (apart form the raw chocolate powder) and blitz until it form a paste. It might need a bit less oil depending on how oily/liquid your nut butter is
- Make the balls and roll them in the cacao powder or hemp seed
Cashew, apricot & vanilla balls (vegan)
I love these balls and my 2 years old daughter is keen on them too. Very moreish and perfect as a pre workout boost.
- 100g cashews
- 75g dried apricots
- 40g coconut oil
- 35g Vivo Life PERFORM Protein Powder Madagascan Vanilla
- 25g coconut chips
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- To coat (optional): chia seeds, sesame seeds, oats or chopped goji berries
- Add the cashews and apricots in a food processor and blitz until you have a dough-like consistency
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitx until all fully combined - you might need to add a little bit of water
- Roll the mix into balls
- Coat with whatever you fancy (or not)