Who doesn't love banana bread? For me personally I am not a massive banana fan, however this banana bread has a subtle taste and also the hint of chocolate from the cacao nibs just complements it perfectly!
Full confession I accidentally ordered 5 packs of bananas instead of 5 loose ones. So with 30 bananas filling my cupboard, banana bread seemed like the perfect thing to use some of them up. This recipe is completely vegan and uses basic ingredients most of us will have in our cupboards already.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan and line a loaf tin with parchment paper (If You Care baking paper is great for this as it is non stick so the loaf will come out of the tin easily!). You can also make them into muffins which work just as well
- Mash the bananas, or for a smoother texture put them in a food processor until smooth
- Add the sugar, flour, baking powder to the banana and combine with a wooden spoon
- Add the butter to the mixture and beat well together - you dont need an electric mixer here just use the wooden spoon
- Add in any extras you would like - I added cacao nibs but you can get creative here and add some sultanas, pecan nuts anything you fancy
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 55-60 minutes - you may need to adjust the time for muffins, they should be golden brown (if you put a scewer in it should come out moist but clean)
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire tray
- Enjoy with a freshly brewed cup of tea!