Matcha green tea is such an amazing superfood.
I use Dr Mercola Matcha Green Tea but any other matcha tea will do fine. Dr Mercola Royal Matcha Green Tea is steamed not roasted. As a result, it retains all the nutrient-rich value possible from the tea leaf and does not have a bitter taste.
Dr Mercola Royal Matcha Green Tea is: A completely natural green tea using the entire nutrient-rich leaf Up to 17 times the antioxidants of wild blueberries and 7 times higher than dark chocolate Up to 9 times the beta carotene found in spinach Nutrient-rich bright green chlorophyll to provide you with vibrant energy from the sun.
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 handful of frozen courgettes
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 scoop of protein (vegan or otherwise) unflavoured
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Matcha Green Tea
- 1 cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
Topping: puffed white/brown rice and cacao nibs
- Put all of the ingredients in your blender and mix until smooth.
- At this point you can add more water if toot thick.
- Top with a handful of the topping.