Peanut butter cookies have always been a favourite of mine. My mum used to make them when I was younger and it took everything I had to not eat the whole tray when I got back from school (this trend continues whenever I am presented with homemade peanut butter cookies).
This recipe is so easy to make and is gluten free, keto, and free from refined sugar. You can make it vegan by replacing the egg by a flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water, let sit for 15 minutes) and the whey protein by a vegan alternative (Vega Sports Performance Vanilla). I haven’t tried this though.
(make between 6 to 12)*
- 200g smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 45g whey Protein Vanilla**
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-2 scoops collagen (I used Planet Paleo)
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Honey, runny or gently warmed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together (minus the honey) to form a dough
- Dollop the mixture (2 tablespoons)*, make a ball in your hand and flatten the dough with a fork 4. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes (large cookies) and 8 minutes for smaller ones
- Take out of the oven and brush each cookie with honey (when they are hot) and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
* I used my trusted ice cream scoop to divide the cookies which is the equivalent of 3 tablespoons! Hence why the recipe only made 6 cookies. ** Look at the ingredients in the protein powder, if it contains a sweetener such as stevia, coconut sugar or xylitol the recipe will probably be sweet enough. If not, add up to 1/2 cup of coconut sugar at step 2.