This gorgeous brew does not taste of beetroot, all you get is the slightly sweet creaminess from the almond milk. It's even better if you use homemade almond mylk (check our recipe HERE).
- 300-400ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons beetroot powder (Dr Mercola Fermented Beet Powder is great)
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (optional) or honey
- Gently heat 200ml of the almond milk and add the beetroot powder and coconut sugar if using (you do not want it to boil). In a warm cup, pour the beetroot/almond milk mix. Froth the rest of the almond milk and tipping the cup, add the frothed milk and enjoy.
OR - another version I tried recently and fell in love with...
- 300ml homemade almond milk sweetened with 3 dates and vanilla
- 1/4 to 1/2 grated grated beetroot
- Pinch vanilla seed or 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To serve: Frothed almond milk
- In a small pan, gently heat almond milk, beetroot and vanilla. Do not boil 2. Once hot, strain away the beetroot
Froth the whole latte or some reserved almond milk and tipping the cup, add the frothed milk into the beetroot/almond mix.