A very simple and healthy supper that will please everybody.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder*
- 250g grated carrots
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tins organic chopped tomatoes (or 800g fresh chopped tomatoes)
- 2 tins pulses (mixed)
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 175g organic Greek yogurt (or a vegan alternative)
- 100g grated cheddar (or chopped tofu + vegan yeast flakes)
- Chopped spring onions to serve
- Prepare all the vegetables. In a large frying pan, melt the coconut oil and fry the chilli powder for a few minutes on low heat. Increase the heat and cook the carrots, red onion and garlic cloves until soft
- Add the tomatoes and pulses and simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring every so often
- Take a few spoonful of the mix and spread it at the bottom of an ovenproof pan or skillet (it will need to be big enough to fit 5-6 rolled enchiladas)
- Fill each wrap with 2-3 spoonfuls of the chilli mix, roll up and place them in the dish. Add the remaining chilli mix on top
- Mix the yoghurt and cheese together (or alternatives) and dollop on top of the enchiladas
- If serving immediately, cook it under the grill for 5-10 minutes. If cooking later bake in the oven for 30 minutes at gas mark 5 and put under the grill for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with spring onions just before serving.
* You can make your own chilli powder by mixing equal measures of garlic powder, cayenne, onion powder (I don’t always use it), dried oregano, double measure of paprika and 1/2 measure of ground cumin.