A very simple and healthy supper that will please everybody.
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon chilli powder*
250g grated carrots
1 large red onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tins organic chopped tomatoes (or 800g fresh chopped tomatoes)
2 tins pulses (mixed)
6 tortilla wraps
175g organic Greek yogurt (or a vegan alternative)
100g grated cheddar (or chopped tofu + vegan yeast flakes)
Chopped spring onions to serve
1. Prepare all the vegetables. In a large frying pan, melt the coconut oil and fry the chilli powder for a few minutes on low heat. Increase the heat and cook the carrots, red onion and garlic cloves until soft
2. Add the tomatoes and pulses and simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring every so often
3. Take a few spoonful of the mix and spread it at the bottom of an ovenproof pan or skillet (it will need to be big enough to fit 5-6 rolled enchiladas)
4. Fill each wrap with 2-3 spoonfuls of the chilli mix, roll up and place them in the dish. Add the remaining chilli mix on top
5. Mix the yogurt and cheese together (or alternatives) and dollop on top of the enchiladas
6. If serving immediately, cook it under the grill for 5-10 minutes. If cooking later bake in the oven for 30 minutes at gas mark 5 and put under the grill for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with spring onions just before serving.
* You can make your own chilli powder by mixing equal measures of garlic powder, cayenne, onion powder (I don't always use it), dried oregano, double measure of paprika and 1/2 measure of ground cumin.