A good mask is a must for anybody who likes to take care of their skin (in my opinion). I have used many masks in my lifetime and I am always more than happy to try new ethical & chemical free brands.
Last month I wrote an article on Alitura Naturals Moisturiser which both me and my husband are still completely in love with. It works! This month, I am venturing deeper into the brand and trying their mask....
Unlike ANYTHING else on the market, the Alitura Clay Mask is truly an “all-in-one” facial treatment that thoroughly purifies skin at its deepest layers. This unique blend of 9 nutrient-dense ingredients exfoliates dead skin, reduces pore openings, stimulates blood flow, and encourages growth of new skin cells. The detoxifying properties of carefully formulated clays draw out impurities, and produce porcelain-smooth skin with a radiant glow.
The mask comes in powder form and you need to add water, mix and apply to your face and neck. Let it dry then gently take it off. Simple.
It contains an array of incredible ingredients to offer a one of a kind, cleansing, moisturising, anti ageing and toning mask. Alitura Natural The Clay Mask ingredients:
- Vitamin C: Brightens the skin by reducing the effects of sun damage & spotting.
- Freshwater Pearl Powder: Exfoliate for an even skin tone and smooth out wrinkles.
- Grass-fed Colostrum: Colostrum is a natural source of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and assists in the regeneration of skin cells.
- American Ginseng: Sustaining skin regeneration for a fresh, radiant complexion.
- Rhassoul Clay: Been shown to improve skin elasticity, unclog pores and remove harmful, excess surface oils.
- Pyrophyllite Clay: Contains over 70% of the mineral silica to maintain elasticity in our skin.
- Calcium Bentonite Clay: Helpful in the extraction of acne-producing toxins and metals and tighten inflamed pores.
- Kaolin Clay: Commonly used to help purify, nourish and heal.
- Organic Kelp Powder: Loaded with sodium alginate – a powerful topical cleanser.
I tried it for the first time 4 weeks ago. I followed the instructions on the tub and apart from the smell (very earthy) everything went well. I took it off and my face was a bit red after (but not hot). After 30 minutes I had returned to my normal skin shade and my skin was incredibly soft. Silky. Radiant.
The following week I tried it again with less water, a dash of Dr Mercola Healthy Skin Aloe Vera Gel and a few drops of Dr Mercola Lavender Essential Oil. I thought by adding this (aloe vera) it might result in an even softer result. Aloe Vera is, after all, one of nature's most effective skin conditioners. Aloe Vera hydrates, is soothing, helps produce collagen and elastin. Aloe Vera is rich in essential vitamin and minerals and since your skin absorbs anything you apply to it, using products with naturally occurring vitamins and minerals can contribute to your overall health. The result was as I had hoped so that's what I did the following week and this evening too.
Alitura Naturals The Clay Mask may look a tad pricey but it will last far ages. After all you only need 1 tablespoon per use. It also contains the cleanest and best ingredients I have come across. You can feel it working deep in the skin. I was expecting to not like The Clay Mask as I usually like my mask already mixed but I do love it. Let us know what you think!
Now, what's next?