I never feel guilty about eating chocolate but that’s because I don’t ever go near the heavily advertised, sugar, milk and artificial ingredient laden variety.
- 60g coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (sifted)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 400g tin of coconut milk
- 170g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To serve (coconut cream, berries, mint & chopped nuts)
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan
- Turn the heat and slowly pour in the coconut milk, whisking constantly to avoid a lumpy mixture until it tickens
- Stir in the chocolate and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract
- Divide your pudding into 4 ramekin dishes or dessert dishes, cover with cling film (biodegradable please) to prevent a skin forming on the top and place in the fridge for 1 hour until chilled and set
- Serve with some toppings or on its own.