Cacao Butter is the oil extracted from a whole cacao bean. It is mainly used in making cake and dessert and of course raw chocolate! The Raw Chocolate Co. Pressed Cacao Butter is organic, virgin, fair trade and cold pressed!
- This Virgin Organic Cacao Butter is the pure oil extracted from the whole raw cacao bean.
- The oil is made using a cold pressing technique where the temperature never exceeds 60°C, ensuring the high quality and nutritional integrity of this product.
- The Cacao Butter has a lovely ‘chocolatey' aroma, and is a delicious ingredient in raw chocolate, cake and dessert making.
- Try a teaspoon of it on top of your porridge in the morning to raise your meal up to a sumptuous, silky treat.
Simple Raw Chocolate Recipe:
- 90g Organic Virgin Cacao Butter
- 60g Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- 60g Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
Place the Cacao Butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water on a low heat and melt gently. Leaving the bowl over the pan, add the coconut palm sugar to the melted oil and stir. Then stir in the cacao powder and mix well using a balloon whisk or hand blender. Spoon or pour into ice cube trays, silicon moulds or even a plastic tub to make one big chocolate bar! Place in the fridge and leave to set.
For a flavoured Raw Chocolate, try adding any of the following: a pinch of cayenne or chilli powder, a drop or two of (food grade) peppermint or orange oil, orange zest, Vanilla powder, sea salt, Maca powder, dried fruit, nuts, spices...
* May contain nuts
Cacao butter serving per 100g
Energy kcal.............. 894
Total fat................ 99.1g
Of which saturates....... 63.7g
Total carbohydrate....... 0.3g
Of which sugars.......... 0.3g
What Is The Difference Between Cacao Butter And Cocoa Butter?
Both cacao butter and cocoa butter begin the same way. Cocoa butter is actually heated to a high temperature, whereas cacao butter is not. The difference is in the end product: cacao is more pure with a higher number of antioxidants. The raw flavour and texture remains intact without needing to add chemicals or stabilizers to retain the integrity of the cacao butter. Cocoa butter, on the other hand, often requires stabilizers once it is heated beyond a certain temperature.
Ingredients: Virgin cold pressed organic cacao butter