Activated charcoal is a carbon based substance that has been used for health and healing purposes for over 3000 years. Activated carbon is a form of charcoal that is extremely porous and able to attract and strongly bind many harmful substances in various aqueous based environments.
A single teaspoon of activated charcoal has a surface area of approximately 10 000 square feet. It absorbs (binds to and helps eliminate from the body) poisons, heavy metals, chemicals and intestinal gases that have thousands of times more weight than it has, making it very effective in detoxing and eliminating toxins and poisonous substances from the body. It is also able to adsorb many different pharmaceutical drugs, opium, cocaine, morphine, pesticides (among them DDT), chemicals, mercury and even lead.
Our pharmaceutical grade activated charcoal works by trapping toxins, heavy metals and chemical residues in its tiny pores. This is known as the process of absorption ,whereby a chemical reaction occurs that binds elements to a surface.
Directions: Adults and children over 12 years old, disperse one teaspoon is a glass of water, take after meals by mouth up to 3 times a day.
Important Notes when Using Activated Charcoal:
- Never take activated charcoal at the same time of day as other supplements. Give yourself at least 2 hrs between use.
- Because activated charcoal will bind to certain medications please advise your doctor before using this if you are taking medications.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water while using activated charcoal.
- Activated charcoal should be combined with a good fiber source such as psyllium powder or celery seed powder that will effectively push the charcoal through the intestines and out in the faeces.
- Best to take before bed and 3-4 hours after eating dinner.
Ingredients: 100% activated charcoal from coconut shell
While Evolution Organics strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Evolution Organics. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.