These tiny, succulent champions of the super berry world are carefully handpicked in the Ningxia region of China, notorious for the high quality of Goji Berries they produce, and also the birthplace of the Goji Berry Legend. Creative Nature Goji Berries are a good source of Vitamin C and have a high content of carotenoids.
Also known as Wolfberries, Lycium berries and Gou Ji Zi berries, Goji Berries have been used in Traditional Mongolian, Tibetan and Chinese medicine for centuries to nourish yin and improve the functioning of the 'water element'. They are a delicious, gentle and soothing tonic fruit that is loaded with available vitality.
What's in me?
- High in antioxidants, Ningxia Goji Berries have an ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) of approximately 30 300, standard Goji Berries measure approximately 22 200 (Blueberries have a value of approximately 2 400)
- Goji berries have the highest content of Carotenoids, including Beta Carotene (a precursor to Vitamin A), among all known foods on earth.
- They contain up to 500 times more vitamin C than oranges.
- The fruits also have significant amounts of vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin E.
- They are rich in amino acids
How much of me should you take?: Therapeutic dosage is around 10 - 30 grams per day which is roughly the equivalent of one to two handfuls per day. They can be eaten as they are, sprinkled into muesli or breakfast cereals or blended into smoothies. If you soak the berries in juice overnight they will blend more easily into smoothies.
Contraindications: None known, although they can loosen the bowels when taken in very large quantities.
Goji Berries Per 100g
Energy 1136 kj / 593 kcal
of which sugars 17.3g
of which Saturates 700mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) 150mcg
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 1.8g
Amino Acids 8.5mg
While Evolution Organics strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Evolution Organics. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.