Whey protein is widely regarded as one of the best sources of key amino acids that promote the enhancement of many aspects of our health and wellbeing. This is particularly true when you age as your body gradually loses its ability to produce critical amino acids – the essential proteins you need for energy production, immune actions and protein build-up in the muscle.
Therefore, the need to supplement with these amino acids increases as you get older and increases even more in times of high physical stress, like after a workout, or when recovering from injury or illness.
However it would seem that not all whey proteins were created equal. Which is why we like Defense Nutrition’s Warrior Whey!
• Supports your immune health*
• Boosts your energy*
• Supports your joint and muscle health*
• Supports your beneficial gut bacteria*
• Promotes your muscle strength, endurance and recovery*
• Protects all your tissues’ cells via its antioxidant properties*
• Provides critical amino acids and proteins for overall optimal health*
• Supports your body’s optimal metabolic rate and fat burning level
• All-natural, grass fed cows’ whey, NOT pesticide-treated, grain-fed cows’ whey.
Hormone-free Cows, NOT hormonally-treated cows
Many American dairy farmers inject the hormone rBGH in dairy cows to increase milk production. This hormone has been linked to serious disease and illness, including cancer. Choose whey made from hormone-free cows.
Cold processed, NOT heat processed
Most whey is heat processed which:
• Makes the whey acidic and nutritionally deficient.
• Damages the immuno-supportive micronutrients and amino acids.
• Makes whey inadequate for consumption.
• Cold processed whey protects the nutrients in their natural state.
Acid-free processing, NOT Acid / Ion Exchange Processing
Acid / Ion Exchange Processing is cheaper than acid-free processing, but it denatures the amino acid profiles by using acids and chemicals to separate the whey from the fats.
Whey protein concentrate, NOT protein isolates
Protein isolates are proteins stripped away from their nutritional cofactors. There are three problems with that…
• All isolates are exposed to acid processing.
• Your body cannot assimilate proteins in isolated form.
• Due to over-processing, isolates are deficient in key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.
Sweetened naturally, NOT artificially, and low carb
Most whey products are artificially sweetened making them useless if you have sugar sensitivities, or just don’t want to put artificial sweeteners or flavours into your body.
Your whey should be low glycemic, low carb and should not contain any artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohol, glycerin, fructose, sugar or gluten.
Maximum biological value, NOT compromised or damaged
Most whey proteins provide some benefit. But, due to the ingredients, the source of the whey, the concentration of beneficial nutrients, or the type of processing, many whey products simply don’t deliver what they promise.
You want whey that’s guaranteed to retain its maximum biological value — one with all the key amino acids, cofactors and beneficial micronutrients present and intact rather than compromised or damaged, and not missing any amino acids or essential nutrients.
Easy to Digest, NOT causing digestive stress
Many whey products contain long-chain fatty acids which are hard to digest and require bile acids to absorb. You want a whey protein powder with medium chain triglycerides (MCT). These are easily absorbed, digested quickly, and utilized as energy without causing digestive stress. Ideally, you want a product in which the MCT comes from the best source of all is coconut oil.
Free from toxic heavy metals or at such low levels NOT to be a health risk
Many protein powders both whey and non-whey could contain dangerous levels of heavy metals like mercury, lead, cadmium, and arsenic.
A recent Consumer Reports’ evaluation showed some leading brands of protein powders exceeded United States Pharmacopoeia’s (USP) recommended safety limits for certain heavy metals. You want to avoid these products at all costs because any high concentration of heavy metals taken over time could lead to serious health consequences.
So if you want high quality, truly great tasting whey protein available for the promotion of your health and wellbeing try Warrior Whey Protein today!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.