We're feeling festive in the Evolution Organics kitchen and this recipe has been tested quite a few times so our house/office has been smelling mighty Christmas-sy for the last few months. Nobody is complaining though, and especially not our daughter who loves theses little gems.
I made the recipe with all natural ingredients, no refined sugar, lots of spices and I also added a turmeric kick to give them a healthy edge.
Two of the biggest dietary challenges for many people are finding enough good sources of healthy fat and fibre. Seeds are an outstanding source of both. Organic Mitomix Seed Blend contains a very specific balance of organic seeds and psyllium to provide plant omega-3 fats, lignans, and fibre. This mixture is designed to complement a ketogenic diet, but anyone can benefit from its valuable nutritive ingredients.
See the recipe below and we hope you love them as we much as we do... Merry Christmas!
- 2 tablespoons Dr Mercola Organic Mitomix Seed Blend
- 350g spelt flour
- 1-1.5 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (+ a pinch of black pepper)
- 1/2 nutmeg pod, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 200g vegan butter, softened (you could also use coconut oil)
- 125ml maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional - 1-2 ginger balls in syrup & icing
- In a small bowl, mix the Mitomix seed blend with 6-7 tablespoons of boiling water to make the vegan egg.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in another bowl (add the chopped up ginger balls in syrup if using)
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and wrap in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour.4. Preheat the oven to gas mark
- On a slightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4 inch and cut the shapes
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.Wait until they are completely cool to ice. Overnight is best. They harden slightly so perfect to use as decorations for your tree.