Protein pancakes are a healthy, delicious protein rich breakfast.
I love pancakes and these are easy to make and will please both adults & children. We have these now and again with some organic blueberries, pineapple and organic maple syrup (well I am Canadian after all).
I am not a big fan of pancakes made with mashed up bananas (I know, I apologise to all of the healthy chefs out there) so here is mine...
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup organic oats
- 1 1/2 scoop (30g) whey protein
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup organic flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Organic coconut oil for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients together, let the mixture rest for about 15 minutes.
- Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan and use an ice scream scoop to drop the mixture in.
- With a circular motion, flatten them and let them cook for 1 minute on each side.
- This recipe makes about 5 pancakes.
- Serve them on their own or with fruits, maple syrup and nut butter.