Winter is coming (why is it that whenever I say or write this I think of Game Of Thrones?!). But yes, it’s true, winter IS coming and with it the dreaded flu season. There’s also less light and less Vitamin D. This means I have to be extra careful to make sure I keep myself (and the family) super healthy.
I have always loved juicing but I don’t juice to replace meals, I juice to add nutrients to my daily diet and these shots are the best example. As it says in the title there’s 2 ingredients: ginger and lemon and here’s why I chose them:
(makes approx. 400ml – 5 days worth of daily shots)
- 200-250g fresh root ginger
- 3-4 lemons
- 1/2 cup of water
- Wash and peel your ginger and cut in 5cm pieces. Peel and quarter your lemons.
- Put the ginger in the juicer followed by the lemons. Add the water to the juicer to get all the little bits out.
- Bottle up and leave in the fridge (you can sieve beforehand for a smoother finish).
- Take a “shot glass” worth every morning on an empty stomach followed by a big glass of water. Don’s sip the ginger & lemon shots, it won’t be en enjoyable experience.
** To make this tonic even better, add 1-2 fresh turmeric roots to the juicer at the same time as the ginger.