This is a simple and delicious breakfast/snack. One of the reason why I love overnight oats is the shear simplicity of it. It all goes in one container, give it a stir and leave it there until the following day (or the day after in my case). You certainly do not need to heat overnight oats but I find it improves the flavour/texture.
- 1/2 cup jumbo oats*
- 1/2 cup rye flakes
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup plant based milk (+ 1/4 cup extra when you are ready to eat)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 small pear, washed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup/coconut sugar
Toppings: blueberries, chopped nuts (almond, cashews and hazelnuts are particularly recommended), cacao nibs, etc
* you can use regular by I prefer the texture of the jumbo oats
- Add all of the ingredients to a mason jar (or a container with a tight fitting lid) and give it a good mix. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Gently heat with a splash or two of plant based milk, add the toppings of your choice and enjoy.