A perfect yogurt or smoothie topper. Slightly sweet and full of goodness. Serve it with lots of fresh berries for the perfect healthy snack.
100g coconut flakes (not desiccated coconut)
20g chia seeds
25g dried fruits (golden/goji berries, cranberries or chopped dates or a mix)
15g pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds
1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 generous pinch of Himalayan salt
3 teaspoons maca powder or any of OM Organic Mushroom Nutrition powder
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3 and chop your cashews and almonds (not too finely!)
2. Transfer the chopped nuts to a large bowl, alongside the coconut flakes, chia seeds, dried fruits, pumpkin seeds, maca powder, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Mix very well.
3. In another bowl, gently whisk the egg white (if using) and add the coconut oil and maple syrup or coconut nectar. Pour on the dry mix and stir everything well to make sure it's all coated.
4. Spread the mixture onto a baking dish and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Give it a good stir and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes (this step might take longer, keep a close eye).
5. Leave to cool completely and store in an air tight container breaking the larger clusters as you go.