It’s getting colder and I for one am very happy about this. I love a big jumpers, boots and going for long walks and especially coming back home for a cup of green tea or even better, a mug of healthy broccoli and apple soup.
Broccoli and Apple Soup
- 1-2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 garlic clove (chopped)
- 600g broccoli (stalk diced, floret separated)
- 2 medium apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 700ml hot chicken or vegetable stock (home-made if possible)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Yoghurt, cream and/or nuts or seeds (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil and add the onion & garlic. Fry until translucent
- Add the broccoli and heat for a few minutes, then the apples, the stock and bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes
- Blitz with a hand held blender, add the lemon, season to taste and scatter a few nuts or seeds on the soup if you wish
- Serve on its own with a chunk of bread or with a dollop of organic Greek yoghurt, soured cream and voilà!
A healthy bowl of soup.