Living Fuel has been a consistent best-seller since it was first sourced by Evolution Organics over 7 years ago. As a user for many years, I think it’s time I gave it a little review…
In short, Living Fuel (either SuperGreens, SuperBerry Original and Ultimate) is an amazing powdered superfood which provides most of your daily requirement of vitamins, minerals, protein, probiotics and antioxidants. It’s as simple as that, and this explains why it’s such a big seller!
What it actually says on the tin
Living Fuel is everything your body needs: ‘A delicious super smoothie that replaces supplements and food, satisfies hunger and cravings. A completely balanced meal…’Prior to a major illness a few years ago I would have needed convincing about a powdered substance that promised a balanced, nutritious meal in 2 scoops. Fast forward a few years (and a nutrition course under my belt), and I’m astonished that such a nutritious product can deliver so much, so easily. And not just because it tastes good, but because my body feels so much better for it!
Living Fuel was created by KC Craichy in the US over 10 years ago. His aim was to ‘produce an incredible organic superfood product that his friends and family could enjoy’. I think he has done just that.
What’s in it?
- Superfoods – a combination of earth’s most potent foods
- Enzmes – our body needs these to function properly
- Probiotics – for healthy intestinal function and enhanced immunity
- Amino Acids – we need these in our diet as our body cannot produce them
- Complete Plant Protein – Including all 10 essential amino acids
- Herbs – provide balance to the body and enhance major body systems
- Vitamins and minerals – added to ensure optimum levels
So, you can see how it really does give you almost everything your body needs for optimal health… the only other thing you need to add for complete daily health is a good quality fish oil or krill oil (Green Pasture's, CleanMarine and Rostita are good examples).
Living Fuel comes in 3 varieties and each tastes quite different:
- SuperBerry Original contains organic freeze dried strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and cranberries
- SuperGreens contains organic kale, broccoli, spinach, beetroot and carrot
- SuperBerry Ultimate which has more berries and richer in antioxidants than the original
I have a preference for SuperGreens as for my taste, SuperBerry Original is just a little too sweet. But I sometimes have a scoop of both and then I know I’m benefiting from more variety!
What’s NOT in Living Fuel are all the things you’d hope not be in there like added sugar, soy, pesticides, hydrogenated oils and artificial flavours and colourings.
My favourite way of taking it is 2 scoops of Living Fuel SuperGreens, a frozen banana and coconut water all whizzed up in a blender. If I’m in a hurry or not feeling very hungry I leave out the banana and just add the powder to water in a shaker bottle.
Forgive me if I sound a bit evangelistic, but if I’ve had my daily dose of Living Fuel in the morning I know I’m taking good care of my body … and it’s so simple and tasty.