So, January is here. Time to detox, or is it? I have to admit that I am not a big fan of the whole "detox smoothie" trend. I think if you take care of your body the whole year long by consuming whole food, water, exercising, sleeping enough and taking a few chosen supplements then this is way better then a smoothie. The one smoothie alone won't heal you in one go but adding a vegetable, green smoothie now and again to your daily routine will help toward a healthier you.
Okay, so let's do this. How to make a smoothie?
1. Vegetables (choose 2, handful)
Courgette (cubed and frozen)
Cauliflower (steamed, cooled, cubed and frozen)
Sweet potatoe (steamed, cooled, cubed and frozen)
Beetroot, cooked and cooled
2. Fruits (choose 2, handful)
Banana (fresh or freeze them, to make them last longer)
Pineapple (prepare and freeze)
Papaya (prepare and freeze)
Mango (prepare and freeze)
3. An extra boost (choose 1 or 2, 1 tablespoon)
Matcha green tea powder
Spirulina (1 teaspoon)
MCT oil (Bulletproof XCT oil is a favourite)
A green powder mix (Mercola Organic Greens)
Add the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed. It's that simple.
1. Use organic ingredients when possible
2. Always use one green veggie
3. Prepare lots of bags of fruit and vegetable to freeze
4. I admit to using bananas a lot as they make smoothies very creamy and slightly sweet
5. Be aware of flavours, what you like and dislike
6. Don't be disheartened when you get a smoothie fail (where it tastes awful), it happens to everybody
So go ahead, try it. Make yourself a smoothie every few days. Check our instagram and faceboook page alongside our blog for recipes and inspiration. Have a healthy year friends.