Every time winter comes around, many people find themselves coughing and sneezing as the temperatures drop.
Though colds and coughs for example can strike year round, they tend to become more prevalent in the winter due to cold air making it more difficult for our body to get rid of viruses. Additionally, we’re more likely to be exposed to such viruses as we spend more time indoors during the winter, where these viruses are more likely to be encountered.
But rather than reaching for the medicine cabinet and trying to make those nasty symptoms relent, being proactive rather than reactive can help you avoid those nasty sniffles and help you feel great all winter long.What is your immune system?
Let’s start off by taking a quick look at what your immune system really is – or at least what parts of the body work together to comprise it.
The human immune system covers different types of cells, organs, tissues, proteins and more, all working together for a common goal – to protect your body from harmful intruders.
One of the most important elements of your immune system are white blood cells, comprised of two distinct types – phagocytes and lymphocytes.
Phagocytes look for and tackle nasty pathogens and antigens in your system. These nasty things come in many forms – bacterium, virus, fungus, toxin or foreign bodies.
Lymphocytes help the body recall invaders it has previously fought against, and help tackle them if they return.
What can you do to boost your immune system?
When it comes to ways to boost your immune system, there are plenty of vitamins and supplements available that can help heighten your chances of avoiding those nasty winter bugs.
At Evolution Organics, we have a great range of products aimed at helping you increase the effectiveness of your immune system and let you feel great all winter long.
- We stock a wide assortment of products with botanical extracts, including Cat’s Claw, Schisandra, Echinacea and Reishi. These contain antiviral and antibacterial capabilities that support the efforts of your white blood cells in tackling invaders.
- Glutathione is an important factor in the body’s immune system, impacting the effectiveness of the body’s lymphoid cells. We stock a selection of Glutathione products from suppliers such as Bulletproof, LipoLife and Result RNA.
- Multivitamins and multinutrients are a great way to top up your body’s immune system and prevent levels getting too low, while we also stock products containing Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
- Probiotics and prebiotics can help both improve your immune system and your digestion, allowing you to enjoy great gut health across the winter months.
- There are also supplements rich in curcumin and turmeric – two increasingly popular elements thanks in part to their immune system benefits.
- We also stock dedicated products aimed squarely at boosting your immune system’s capabilities.
- And if you consider yourself something of a foodie, we have great recipes for healthy soups such as creamy tomato and homemade pumpkin and coconut that will not only please your palate but also your body too.
Be sure take a look through our full range of products that can support your immune system and give you a better chance of getting through the winter months feeling energised and healthy.