Autumn – love it! Bring on (and out) the knitted jumpers, woolly socks, furry slippers, warm jackets and…. comfort food. But comfort food does not mean unhealthy foods. In the Evolution Organics kitchen it means, tasty curries, heart-warming soups, moreish cake and bakes and of course all are made using no refined sugar and packed full of super healthy ingredients and fats.
On the menu this month, a healthy flapjack made with apples, chia seeds, nuts, oats, coconut sugar, coconut oil and pumpkin seeds (wow – lots hey?!).
These flapjacks are absolutely delicious and will be a tasty snack to take with you when you are out and about.
- 100g coconut oil
- 75g coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 250g organic jumbo oats (very important)
- 2 apples, grated (skin on)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (or a mix of different seeds)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4) and line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper
- Put the coconut oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup into a medium pan, heat gently until melted. Take off the heat
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon, salt, apples, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and stir until just blended
- Pour the mix into the tin, level and press the mixture firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the tin and, as always, enjoy!