I am hungry most of the time and because I tend to have small meals, I rely on snacking to help me fuel my busy day to day life. Here are a few snack ideas that will keep your energy levels up and help you toward a happier, healthier you.
1. Protein rich smoothie - at the moment I am loving our Blueberry pie protein smoothie . Look at our website for lots of other smoothie recipes.
2. Sourdough or Rye toast # 1 - Top with almond butter, blueberries and a dusting of maca powder.
3. Sourdough or Rye toast # 2 - Top with grass fed butter, mashed up avocado, lime juice and a fried or poached egg. Drizzle with hot sauce or chili flakes and Himalayan salt.
4. Healthy seeded porridge made with 1/2 jumbo oats and 1/2 rye flakes. Top with seeds, banana, berries and a small drizzle of maple syrup. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your hot oats.
5. Apple slices with peanut butter "dip" and honey (optional but I love it!). Add some cacao nibs for a little extra boost.
6. Seeded wraps with banana, nut butter and bee pollen. Simple.
7. Bone broth. Heat it up gently, add a teaspoon of turmeric, garlic powder, Himalayan salt and add chunks of avocado before serving. Might sound weird but it's so good. Serve in a cup. See our bone broth recipe.
8. Greek yogurt (or vegan alternative), with banana slices, grapes, berries and seeds/nuts. Or top with our Nourishing paleo grain free maple granola.
9. Chia pudding with gooseberry-vanilla jam - make the night before. Check the recipe on our blog.
10. Bagel topped with yogurt, roasted butternut squash, cinnamon and nut butter. Game changer...
Hope you like these and get in touch if you have other snack suggestions.
Evolution Organics, helping you to be healthier since 2009 :)