Autumn is nearly here and I couldn’t be happier as it’s officially hot coco season (in my book anyway).
Raw cacao is so healthy and although a lot of hot chocolate mix do contain cacao, usually the second ingredient (if not the first) is sugar. Then they add milk powder (which is usually made from dairy that is not organic), vegetable fats, E numbers, thickeners, artificial flavours, you name it, it’s there.
Whether you are on a clean eating plan or just like to eat well there are a few foods that are hard to adapt and be healthy. However, hot chocolate is not one of them. Try this one and let us know how you get on.
- 2 tablespoons of Enerhealth Coconut Milk Powder
- 250ml water (about 1 cup)
- 1 heaped tablepoon of Creative Nature Cacao Powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2-3 dates, de-stoned
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender. Whizz until it’s all mixed and there are no visible lumps left
- Pour through a metal strainer sitting on top of a pan
- Heat gently, making sure that the liquid does not boil in order to keep all the goodness and nutrients in.