I’m always on the lookout for quick, easy and healthy recipes…spending pleasurable hours, trawling through new cookbooks, food blogs and weekend newspaper food supplements to get inspiration for creating healthy recipes for Evolution Organics.
As Easter approaches we are bombarded with the recipes we expect at this time of year… a chocolate-fest. Traditionally our reward for being abstemious over Lent! And, for all but a handful of these recipes, they will be swimming in refined sugar, dairy, smarties etc – you know the picture!
Chocolate of the raw kind is actually very good for you. It’s when it’s been manufactured, processed, heated and mixed with milk and sugar that it loses its nutritional value and becomes bad for you.
So, here’s my recipe for a raw chocolate ‘fridge’ brownie… it’s raw, but don’t be put off by this and can be chopped up and left in the fridge for when you fancy something sweet. The sweetness comes from dates and a little maple syrup and not refined sugar. It contains brazil and cashew nuts and coconut, making it filling and satisfying.
It’s what Evolution Organics will be enjoying this weekend, Happy Easter
organic where possible
- 150g cashews
- 150g brazil nuts
- 75g coconut chips
- 7 pitted medjool dates
- 1 ½ tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Combine all the ingredients apart from the hemp seeds into a food processor until blended and a bit sticky
- Transfer the mixture to and 8 x 8inch loose bottom cake tin, flatten and distribute evenly
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight is best
- Cut the mixture into equal squares and keep in airtight container in the fridge.