With British asparagus taking prime spot on our supermarket shelves and local farm shops I thought I’d celebrate by sharing this simple salad of blanched asparagus with poached organic chicken.
The addition of poached chicken makes this salad a balanced and nutritious lunch or light supper…
- 500ml chicken stock
- 3 organic chicken breast fillets
- bunch of radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 100g curly endive leaves
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed and blanched
- grated hard goats cheese
- 1 tbls Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 60ml olive oil
- Place the dressing ingredients into a clean jam jar and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Poach the chicken in the hot chicken stock for around 10mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove and slice.
- Toss together the radish, fennel, endive and chicken in a bowl to combine.
- Divide the asparagus between four plates, top with salad and spoon over the dressing.
- Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.