As you might know by now I’m a huge fan of superfoods (a food considered especially nutritious or otherwise beneficial to health and well-being) Eating superfoods regularly makes your body healthier, helps you flush out toxins more frequently and leaves you with a healthy glow. And once you start consuming superfoods on a regular basis, you’ll start noticing a difference in not just how you feel, but how you look too!
This salad really does what is says, keeps you full for a long time and gives you an instant feeling that you’ve just eaten something incredibly nutritious.
organic where possible
- 200g broccoli, tenderstem would be nice if you can get it
- 120g peas, fresh or frozen
- Half cucumber, cut into slim batons
- 20g sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli or any will work)
- A few radishes thinly sliced
- 20g toasted seeds
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 20g goji berries
- 1 avocado cut into pieces
- 30g quinoa
- Small handful parsley – roughly chopped
- Small handful mint, roughly chopped
- 100g crumbly goats cheese (the salad is just as nice without cheese if you want to avoid dairy)
- 2 dessert spoons of lemon juice
- 4 dessert spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Put the quinoa in a small pan. Cover with cold water (plus a bit more) and gently simmer until the water is gone – about 15mins. Spread it on a tray to cool to room temperature.
- Boil a large pan of water and drop the broccoli and peas and simmer for about 3 mins. Drain and run the veg under cold water.
- Now for the dressing – place the oil, lemon juice and garlic in an old jam jar and shake vigorously to mix the ingredients – if you don’t have a jar, whisk the ingredients in a bowl.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, add the nuts and seeds, crumble goats cheese on top if using and when you’re ready to serve add the dressing and mix thoroughly.