Did you know that you should include some form of protein with every meal? And that most people in the UK eat too much low-quality protein like processed meats and cheeses and not enough good quality protein like grass fed beef, wild salmon, organic chicken, quinoa and hemp. Gosh, I’m learning so much in this job…. I’ve just started to add some protein powder to my breakfast shake and this got me thinking about where else I could incorporate protein powder, other than a drink.
Every month I create recipes that incorporate nutritional ingredients and try them out in the Evolution Organics Kitchen, tweaking as I go. I tried these pancakes last week for my breakfast and loved them – they made a nice change. It’s good for our bodies to alternate from where we obtain our protein plus not everyone has the time to make a substantial meal. With these pancakes at least, you know your body is getting a good quality protein hit. I used Sun Warrior Blend Vanilla Protein but you could experiment with others.
Sun Warrior Blend Protein is a raw, plant-based protein – an easily-digestible, nutrient- dense superfood, perfect for those who want to be ultra-healthy and fit. It’s the perfect protein for managing weight, curbing appetite, raising metabolism and giving you lots of energy. So, here’s the recipe and I hope you like it.
- 1 scoop (30g) Sun Warrior Blend Protein
- 4 tbls oats
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Couple drops of vanilla extract
- 10 drops of stevia
- 150ml almond or oat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coconut butter for frying
- Mix the dry ingredients into a bowl, add the mashed banana and the beaten egg.
- Then slowly add the almond or oat milk until you have a runny mixture. If it’s too thick add some more milk.
- Add 1 tbls of coconut butter to your frying pan, once hot add a large spoonful of your mixture to the pan.
- Cook for about 2mins on each side until lovely and golden. Keep warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Serve hot with berries, sliced banana and a small drizzle of maple syrup!