Cheeky I know but let me get things straight, we'll be talking about balls in this post... and by that I mean superfood based balls.
These beauties are a great snack to have before and after training or simply if you need a little something to keep you going during your busy days. And let's face it, they taste amazing so any excuse will do.
Healthy snack options can sometime be tricky but all you need is a bit of preparation and you have a supply right there with you. And on the plus side you will know exactly every little ingredients that has gone in your snack. You can also change them to your liking (i.e if you prefer almond butter to peanut butter why not swap or add cacao nibs, etc).I will be adding more recipes as I go and please get in touch if you have suggestions... I am more than happy to test them for you :)
All the recipes below make about 8-10 balls and will keep in the fridge for 1 week.
Chocolate, oats and Living Fuel Cocochia balls
These little balls of perfection are as delicious as they are pretty. They are also very easy to make. A healthy mix of raw cacao, oats, dates and salt all rolled into Living Fuel Cocochia Snack Mix, the ultimate snack fuel, nutritious, tasty and energy boosting or desiccated coconut mixed with chia seeds.
- 50g oats
- 2 tablespoons Bulletproof Raw Chocolate Powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 75g pitted dates
- Pinch of Vanilla
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- Living Fuel Cocochia Snack Mix OR unsweetened desiccated coconut mixed with chia seeds
- Put the oats in a food processor and blend into a fine powder.
- Add the raw chocolate, dates, coconut oil, vanilla powder, salt and mix well. Add some water until all the ingredients combine completely.
- Form the dough into small balls (I used a teaspoon) and roll into Living Fuel Cocochia Snack Mix/dessicated coconut & chia seeds (on a plate or a bowl).
- Refrigerate and will keep for 1 week in the fridge
Super cacao protein balls
I am munching on one of these delicious balls as I am writing this. They are a tad addictive in my opinion (I have always been a fan of chocolate and peanut butter together). I chose Vivo Life PERFORM Raw Plant Protein Powder & BCAA, a 100% plant based protein powder that is great for your health, tastes incredible and delivers epic results. A unique combination of bio-fermented pea protein, hemp protein, chlorella and spirulina provides a truly unique product.
- 50g pitted dried dates
- 35g Vivolife Raw Cacao Protein Powder *
- 50g peanut butter
- 30g jumbo oats
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or Bulletproof XCT Oil
- Creative Nature cocoa Powder to coat
- Add all the ingredients to your blender (apart form the raw chocolate powder and blitz until it form a paste. It might need a but less oil depending on how oily your nut butter.
- Make the balls and roll them in the chocolate powder (or you can roll them in hemp seeds).
- Refrigerate. Will keep for 1 week.
Cashew, apricot & vanilla balls
I love these balls and my 2 years old daughter is keen on them too. Very moreish and perfect as a pre workout spin class (that's what I use them for)
- 100g cashews
- 75g dried apricots
- 40g coconut oil
- 35g Vivo Life PERFORM Protein Powder Madagascan Vanilla
- 25g coconut chips
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- To coat (optional): chia seeds, sesame seeds, oats or chopped goji berries
- Add the cashews and apricots in a food processor and blitz until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and form into balls.
- Coat with whatever you fancy (or not). Refrigerate and will keep for 1 week.