Mushroom soup is definitively one of my favourite lunches - whatever the weather and my mood. It always makes me smile. Mushrooms are very healthy too, for example did you know that they are one of the few sources of edible vitamin D? And we all know how incredibly important Vitamin D is for a healthy body.
- 250g mushrooms (try mixing them up) cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 60g Enerhealth Coconut Powder
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice (1/4 lemon)
- 500ml of homemade vegetable stock (or a good quality shop bough version)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Plenty of black pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil or butter (or a mix of both) and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms for 8 minutes, stirring every so often
- Add the fresh thyme and coconut powder followed by the stock and lemon juice (the powder will clump but don't worry, it will all mix in later when we blend it)
- Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for a further 15-20 minutes.4. Using a hand held blender, blitz the mixture and season to taste.