I love granola but the majority you find on the market are filled with mostly sugar, even the "healthy" versions. This little gem is vegan, free from refined sugars, dairy, full of goodness and totally delicious. It tastes a bit naughty but the great thing is that it's not.
75g rolled oats
75g rye flakes*
75g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (toasted and skinned)
50g coconut chips, raw
30g cacao nibs
25g chia seeds
1 teaspoon of vanilla seeds
1 generous pinch of Himalayan salt
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 2
2. Mix all the dry ingredients (except the cacao powder) together in a big bowl and set aside
3. Gently heat the coconut oil and add the maple syrup and cacao powder. Whisk with a fork until no lumps are left
4. Add the cacao mix to the dry ingredients and stir
5.Place granola mixture on a tray and pat down and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally
6. Take out of the oven and let cool before breaking into large pieces and storing into an airtight container.
* You can make this recipe gluten free by taking the rye flakes out and replacing them by oats for a total of 150g