This is perfect to start your day or as a sweet pudding at the end of a meal. Very versatile and filling. Both the chia pudding and jam need to be made the day before to give them time to set and cool.
This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
(makes 2 generous servings)
- Chia Pudding:
- 1/4 cup a chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk or coconut milk* *If using the tinned version; shake the tin vigorously and use 1/2 coconut milk and water if using the tinned version
Gooseberry Vanilla Jam:
- 2 cups of gooseberries
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of Himalayan Salt
To serve: your choice of nuts and/or seeds (1/4 cup)
- Mix the chia seeds and almond milk (or coconut) in a bowl, cover and let it rest in the fridge overnight
- To make the jam mix all of the ingredients together and let it simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes stirring now and again. Let it cool completely
- To serve, you can alternate layers of jam and chia pudding or serve a large dollop of the jam over the pudding. Top with your choice of nuts and/or seeds for a delicious crunch.