I love apples and nuts and this recipe was inspired by a breakfast muffin I had a while ago. They are made with coconut oil, coconut sugar and almond milk. They will be a good breakfast on the go.
1 organic egg beaten
40g coconut sugar
120ml almond milk
50g coconut oil or organic butter
150g organic flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
2 eating apples, peeled and cut in very small pieces
50 to 60g walnuts, chopped
Walnut pieces (one for each muffin)
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and line a 6 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Slowly melt the coconut oil and mix the warm (but not hot) coconut oil, egg, coconut sugar and almond milk in a large bowl
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together and add to the coconut mix followed by the apples and walnuts - do not over mix
4. Use a large ice cream scoop to spoon the mixture in the muffin cases.
7. Sprinkle some coconut sugar on the uncooked dough.
8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, they should be well risen, golden and spring back if pressed.
9. Cool on a wire rack.