I love apples and nuts and this recipe was inspired by a breakfast muffin I had a while ago. They are made with coconut oil, coconut sugar and almond milk. They will be a good breakfast on the go.
- 1 organic egg beaten
- 40g coconut sugar
- 120ml almond milk
- 50g coconut oil or organic butter
- 150g organic flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
- 2 eating apples, peeled and cut in very small pieces
- 50 to 60g walnuts, chopped
- Coconut sugar
- Walnut pieces (one for each muffin)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and line a 6 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Slowly melt the coconut oil and mix the warm (but not hot) coconut oil, egg, coconut sugar and almond milk in a large bowl.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together and add to the coconut mix followed by the apples and walnuts - do not over mix
- Use a large ice cream scoop to spoon the mixture in the muffin cases.7. Sprinkle some coconut sugar on the uncooked dough.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, they should be well risen, golden and spring back if pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack.