Turmeric has got such good press (and no wonder, it’s such a powerful ingredients with numerous benefits). I love finding recipes that uses this amazing superfood in its raw state.
(makes 1 smoothie)
- ½ orange, peeled, seeded and cut in large chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- ½ cup soaked cashews (overnight)
- Blend all of the ingredients in a powerful blender until smooth.
- Add more coconut/almond milk for your desired consistency.