I never feel guilty about eating chocolate but that’s because I don’t ever go near the heavily advertised, sugar, milk and artificial ingredient laden variety … and here at Evolution Organics I’m lucky enough to be surrounded by only the healthy kind so I never, ever get tempted to reach for that Galaxy bar!
You might be surprised that we sell chocolate, but that’s because there are a whole host of health benefits to consuming about 40g of the unadulterated variety per day. ‘Good’ chocolate is always dark and of the utmost quality.
- organic where possible
- 60g coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 400g tin of coconut milk
- 170g dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Use a sieve for the cornstarch to remove any lumps. Turn the heat to max and slowly pour in the coconut milk, whisking constantly to avoid a lumpy mixture. Continue heating the milk mixture and whisk every so often until it starts to bubble and thicken.
- Stir in the chocolate and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, stiring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Divide your pudding into 4 ramekin dishes or dessert dishes, cover with cling film to prevent a skin forming on the top and place in the fridge for 1 hour until chilled and set. Lovely served with some raspberries on top!