I have recently fallen in love with The Coconut Company Coconut Vinegar with Mother. I bought a bottle when I was in the office last week and I have already used half!
Why coconut vinegar?
- Free from preservatives and as natural as can be
- Low GI index making it perfect if you are diabetic
- Excellent alternative if you are on a low sugar diet
- Coconut vinegar is rich in minerals
- Contains 17 amino acids some of them that can have a positive effect on digestion.
- Has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which might help you fight off infections
- It has alkalising properties, need we say more?
Here are 5 ways you can use this incredible product
Make homemade salad dressing: Simply mix 50ml coconut vinegar, 100ml of good quality extra virgin olive oil, 1-2 heaped teaspoons of mustard, salt and pepper and there you have it, a healthy and tasty salad dressing that will keep a few weeks. You can also add fresh herbs.
Baking: Buttermilk makes any bakes (cakes, pancakes and waffles) better in my opinion. To make your own mix 1 cup of whole milk and 1 teaspoon of vinegar and let to sit for 10 minute at room temperature.
Use it as a detox aid: Mix a tablespoon of coconut vinegar with a glass of water first thing in the morning. Make sure your vinegar is with "mother". See HERE
Skin and hair: Spray coconut vinegar into your hair (rinse after 20-30 minutes) to increase softness and help prevent dandruff and dab a cotton ball with coconut vinegar onto your already cleansed face to kill bacteria and prevent acne. It's also said it can help reduce scarring.
Swap in recipes: Replace "normal" vinegar with coconut vinegar in all recipes (i.e. marinades, sauces, etc).