We all know how important water is and we get told all the time that we need to drink more. Ideally, we should aim for 1.5-2 litres a day. Here are my tips to increase your water intake and why you should start now. It's very simple and the most important step to a better and healthier body and mind.
- Buy a reusable bottle. Not disposable plastic. A nice one that you won't mind carrying around. See our range HERE. Fill that bottle as much as possible and drink!
- Start the day by downing a large pint of water. You won't feel like it all the time but before you know it will become a habit. Trust us. And if you forget, it's ok. Don't beat yourself up.
- Add flavouring if you don't like the taste of water. Lemon, lime, orange, apples, berries or essential oils.
- Make a habit of drinking 3-5 gulps after you have been to the toilet. I do and it helps. You can also download an App on your phone that will remind you to drink more water.
- Look at your pee. The yellower it is, the more dehydrated you might be. If it's pale, your on the right path. If it's dark, your forfeit, another glass of water!
What's the deal with water? Why we are urging you to drink more:
- The body is made of two third water.
- It's a vital nutrient to the life of every cell in your body
- Water is needed to regulate internal body temperature.
- It carries nutrients and oxygen into the cells.
- Lubricates and protects the joints, spinal cord and tissues.
- Keeps skin looking plump and luscious (honest).
- Aids with overall digestion.
- Water helps to excrete waste through perspiration, urination, and defecation.
- Helps prevent constipation.
Not all water is equal. We recommend drinking filtered water. We like Santevia. Their counter top gravity system is very good. Also, stay clear of plastic water bottles, there's too many being bought and then discarded. Reusable all the way please!